Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Moda Vox Box from Influenster

A few weeks ago I joined Infulenster at the recommendation of some people I follow on Instagram. At the time, I saw it as a possible way to get some free samples or products, but didn't really think anything would come of it. Now that I've been a member for a hot minute, I qualified for the new Moda Vox Box, which is filled with some really great products. Influenster sent me this box complimentary to review and try out the products. They're not paying me to give positive reviews, but I did get the products for free. That being said, I'm going to be completely honest in my review of each product.

Here's my box:


From Rimmel London, I received Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara (retail is $5.45-$5.99), Moisture Renew Lipstick (Retail is $6.99-$7.49), and Moisture Renew Lip Liner (Retail is $5.99-$6.49). My first thoughts: I don't really wear lipstick, mostly because I always have issue with it drying out my lips and feathering. I will say that this formula seems promising for the moisture, but I don't know if that will keep me from wearing lip balm under other lip products. As for the mascara- I'm always down to try something new, but I'm not sure how I feel about the heart-shaped wand. We'll see.

From Puffs, I received the Puffs SoftPack (retail is $1.99-$2.49 for one pack). The unique park about this package is that tnstead of a box, the tissues are kept in a soft plastic bag. This makes them easier to put into tight places like your car. My only thought: I know that the cardboard is recyclable. What about this plastic?

From Hair Food, I received the Moisture Hair Mask (retial is $14.99). First thought: at this price, it had better make my hair amazing. The mask contains honey and apricot oil. The directions say to apply it to your hair, comb it through, and then rinse. I'm going to try this when I wash my hair tonight. We'll see. I want to know: 1. Does it work better than my regular conditioner? 2. Does it work better than products at a less expensive price point?

From Swiss Miss, I received a packet of Simply Cocoa. A box of this retails for $2.29. I'm excited to make this and put in some of the apple cinnamon marshmallows I got in my Treatsie box.

From Jergens, I received a bottle of Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer (Retail is $5.99). Jergens says that is contains "illuminating Hydralucence blend" and "locks in moisture for up to 48 hours." My skin is constantly dry, so we'll see if this makes a difference.

Last but not least, I received a bottle of Resource Spring Water (retail is $1.49). This water is spring water with naturally occuring electrolytes for a clean, refreshing taste. The bottle is from 50% recycled plastic and is itself recyclable, which is nice.

I'll have to check back in later this week and post what my thoughts are after using the products some more. Hopefully they live up to their claims!!

No comments:

Post a Comment