Friday, October 10, 2014

Allure Sample Society October 2014

This is my very first Sample Society Box. It's $15 a month and is advertised to come with 5 deluxe-seized beauty samples and the allure mini-magazine.

This is my October Sample Society Box:

This box includes:
-Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum
-Bond No. 9 Fragrance Sample
-L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner
-Emi- Jay hair ties
-Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara in Black

My thoughts:
The first thing that I'm excited about is the pack of hairties. They're in darker, neutral colors that I'll actually use, and these have a bit more stretch to them than some other do. I'm thinking that will mean that they work out in my thick hair.

The shampoo samples (I actually got 2 shampoos and no conditioner) will come in handy for traveling around the holiday season and also for camping.

Things I'm not too excited about... Mascara- I'm pretty sure I got 5 mascara samples in various boxes last month. However, if I hadn't, this would be a great sample to add to my collection. While I don't think I'll use the fragrance sample, it will be nice to throw in as a little extra on an eDivv trade. Speaking of eDivv, I'm also pretty sure that's where the Estée Lauder Serum will end up. I don't really have a need for a correcting serum, thankfully, but I think others might.

For those wondering, the "mini-magazine" is basically just a very detailed description card. However, I love having all of those details when looking through my box. Sometimes I receive products in other boxes that I don't even know how to use, and that is sure to never happen with this subscription.

For my first sample society box, I'm pretty satisfied with this one. I think the value is there and it included a good variety of products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment