Friday, December 12, 2014

Birchbox: December 2014

My Birchbox came in the mail yesterday! This is my first Birchbox in two year; I re-subscribed during their amazing Black Friday sale. Birchbox is normally $10/month. However, I got one year for $88, so my boxes cost me about $7.34/month. BIrchbox sends five beauty samples each month. 

The goodies:

-Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentré: This moisturizer received great reviews. I read reviews from many people who love using it as both a moisturizer and a makeup remover. Birchbox touts this as "a makeup artist fave" that "heals dryness and preps skin for foundation."


-Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black: This is a little black eye pencil with a touch of silver shimmer. Perfect to add some sparkle during the holiday season.


-Manna Kadar Lip Locked: This lipgloss is supposed to last all day as sort of a stain. My only issue is that this sample is tiny- only big enough to use once or twice. You can't tell in the picture, but it's smaller than a golf pencil. 


-Number 4 Hair Care Hydrating Shampoo: This shampoo is a good sample size and they even throuh in a foil-packet sample of conditioner.


-RUSK Texture Spray: This spray can be used to give extra volume by spraying just on the roots, or it can also give all-over flexible hold.


My thoughts: Birchbox sent a pretty good spread of different products this month. Haircare, moisturizer, lip gloss, and eyeliner. While I currently don't need any products in my personal collection, I'll be able to find a place for each of them- either trading on eDivv or putting it in my donation pile for the local women's shelter.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment